Rhinoplasty Turkey, commonly referred to as a nose job, is surgery to change the shape and size of your nose. Anyone who is unhappy with his or her appearance can be a good candidate for the surgery on the condition that he or she be in good physical health, be psychologically stable, and have realistic expectations.
WHAT CAN RHINOPLASTY TURKEY ACCOMPLISH?
Rhinoplasty Turkey can be done for functional and cosmetic reasons. Functional rhinoplasty is performed to correct breathing problems related to the nose, or to correct disfigurement of the nose that has occurred as a result of an injury, trauma or birth defects. Cosmetic rhinoplasty is performed on normal noses to improve their proportions and enhance facial harmony. Patients who decide to undergo this procedure all have specific aesthetic goals, ranging from nostril reduction to hump removal.
WHAT HAPPENS AT A RHINOPLASTY TURKEY CONSULTATION?
At a rhinoplasty Turkey consultation, your surgeon will examine the inside and outside of your nose and ask questions about your health and medical history to assess your candidacy for surgery. Your consult will also give you the opportunity to discuss your goals and expectations. If your surgeon agrees that you are a good candidate, you may then schedule your procedure.
RHINOPLASTY TURKEY PROCEDURE
Rhinoplasty Turkey is an outpatient procedure; in some cases, a night of hospitalization is required. You may undergo the procedure under general anesthesia (you’ll sleep through the operation) or local anesthesia (your nose will be numbed and you won’t feel any pain), depending on the exact procedure. Your surgeon can perform rhinoplasty in a hospital or an outpatient surgery center.
There are two primary types of rhinoplasty Turkey: open technique and closed technique. The location and types of incisions made by the surgeon dictates which type of procedure it is. In an open rhinoplasty, the surgeon makes a small incision between the nostrils (at the columella). for a closed rhinoplasty, the surgeon makes incisions inside of the nostrils, and doesn’t cut the columella.
Both types of rhinoplasty Turkey have benefits and drawbacks. Open technique gives surgeons more freedom to change nasal shape, and it is often recommended for more complicated cases (difficult noses). This technique can leave the nose with a small incision scar, and it also leads to a greater amount of swelling. On the other hand, closed technique often takes less surgery time, it causes less swelling and allows the patient to recover faster with less scarring. However, for some cases, closed technique may not be sufficient for the desired outcome.
Through these incisions, the surgeon gently raises the skin that covers the nasal bones and cartilages, and then starts reshaping of the structure of the nose. During this time, an overly large nose may be reduced by removing bone or cartilage. Sometimes the surgery may require the addition of cartilage grafts. For this purpose, cartilage from the septum is most commonly used. Cartilage from the ear or a section of rib cartilage can be used occasionally. Also, to improve breathing, the deviated septum can be straightened and the projections inside the nose reduced. If altering the size of nostrils is needed, the surgeon may place additional incisions in the natural creases of them.
Once the surgeon sculpted the underlying structure of the nose to the desired shape, he or she redrapes nasal skin and tissue and closes the incisions. Generally, rhinoplasty Turkey takes around 1 to 2 hours — sometimes longer.
WHAT IS THE RECOVERY LIKE?
After the operation, you may experience swelling and bruising around your nose and eyes for at least a week. These swellings and bruising are normal, and you will heal gradually. You can use ice packs for at least 72 hours after your surgery; ice packs could help a lot with these swellings. You will wear a splint on your nose for a week. During this time, you are advised to stay at home and avoid strenuous activity. The splint will be removed at a follow up appointment with your surgeon, at which point you can resume your normal activities. You will experience some pain in the recovery period. Do not worry, it is normal. Your surgeon will prescribe some pain medications to control the pain.
PREOPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR BEST RHINOPLASTY TURKEY
Since taking some medications on your anesthetic and blood coagulation is effective in surgery, please note the following:
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks before your surgery.
- Avoid alcohol as far as possible.
- Avoid taking aspirin and other medications that increase the risk of bleeding.
- Take vitamin C and E as well as iron supplements to promote healing.
- Let your surgeon know if you are taking any medications, herbal supplements, or vitamins.
- Notify your surgeon even your milder illness.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes fruits, vegetables, and lean protein.
- Prepare your ice packs to use after surgery.
- Plan to take a week off from work or school.
- Arrange for someone to drive you back home from hospital or clinic after surgery.
- Use light meals for pre-operative meals.
- Avoid eating and drinking for 8 hours before surgery.
- Wear loose clothing that open from the back or front as to not disturb your nose after surgery.
- Do not wear jewelry.
- If you have eye lenses or dentures, get them out before entering the operating room.
POSTOPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR BEST RHINOPLASTY TURKEY
- Use cold compresses in the first 48 hours on your nose and the middle areas to reduce swelling
- Sleep in an elevated position for the first week after surgery to reduce swelling.
- Put pillows on each side of your head, while sleeping.
- Do not lift heavy vehicles and limit your physical activity, such as exercising.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and, if necessary, use sunscreen with an SPF greater than 30 up to 4 weeks after surgery.
- Do not blow out your nose for up to 4 weeks.
- Try to sneeze through your mouth.
- Stop scratching your nose with your hands.
- Protect your nose from any damage.
- Avoid finishing for at least two weeks after surgery.
- Sexual intercourse is prohibited for up to 2 weeks.
- Stop smoke for 2 weeks.
- Do not use any alcoholic beverages for up to 48 hours after surgery.
- Use the soft food during the first week of your diet.
- Reduce sodium intake.
- Don’t go to a dusty and humid environment.
- Moisten inner nasal cavity frequently with saline spray.
- Use a cotton-tipped applicator for applying ointment.
- Take prescribed anti-biotic as prescribed.
- Avoid swimming for 6 weeks.
- Do not wear glasses and sunglasses for at least six weeks. Contact lenses may be worn, and glasses may be taped to your forehead.